Yes I know, it's a horribly over-used an annoying phrase, but there's a lot of substance to it!
I came to the realisation recently that every time I come across a problem where I need information, a tool or function, I am increasingly grabbing my smartphone for the solution.
Example: Last month I purchased a dart board, and when I came to set it up I realised I had three problems:
1. I didn't know how high the dart board was meant to be from the floor
2. I didn't have a bubble leveller to mount the board straight
3. I actually had no idea how to mount a dart board
So I grabbed my smartphone and quickly solved my problems:
1. It took about 5 seconds to find the height requirement on Google
2. I found an app that turned my phone into a bubble leveller for free
3. Again using Google, I quickly found a step-by-step guide for correctly installing a dart board
The chances are that if a function can be programmed and there is a demand for it, multiple variations of it will already exists on your app store. It is a certainly much cheaper and quicker that driving to the hardware store just to buy a bubble leveller!