Excel is a massive part of everyday office work. Businesses now have excel documents with hundreds of worksheets in them, making it a nightmare to copy data from one sheet to another or to simply find a specific tab to work on.
Now there is a fantastic Excel add-on offered by Excel Campus which costs about $30USD and saves huge amounts of time. It's very simple to implement, use and to gain more knowledge on.
- Google-type search window - a comprehensive search tool that makes it extremely fast to find any sheet in a document and jump straight into it
- unhide, copy and rename multiple sheets - numerous buttons which make time consuming tasks lightening fast. With one click of a button you can unhide multiple sheets, copy and rename, copy to a new Excel document, protect and unprotect sheets, move sheets up, down, first and last and plenty more
- flip-back button - one of the most useful features of TabHound is the flip-back button. If you are copying formula/data from one sheet to another in a big document - this button will be your life-saver. With one click you can flip between two sheets, and if a click doesn't work for you, then you can add TabHound buttons to your customised ribbon and therefore allocate it a number. Potentially all you have to do is 'Alt+1' and you can flip back between sheets in a split second
- tab colours - allocate tabs different colours, and then filter your document by those colours to show you relevant tabs
- stats bar - you can answer questions in your document like: how many hidden sheets are there, how many tabs of a specific colour, how many sheets in this document
TabHound is available for Windows and Mac. When you sign up you also get the creators email address, which is great to be able to ask questions when you get stuck.
Intrigued? Check it out and get great video hints and tips at Excel Campus.
* * * * *
Please note that we have trialled the majority of these products and have found them to be relatively reliable and user friendly. We have not undertaken a detailed verification and we therefore suggest that you discuss the products with your computer advisers before using the technology.