After a long flight (possibly sitting behind a screaming toddler!) the last thing you want to deal with is having to sort through a wad of papers to find the booking number for your hotel or even to find directions on how to get there!
TripIt has developed a free app that centralises all your reservations, allowing you view them at any time, online or offline, with your smart phone, tablet or computer. TripIt will even sync with your calendar!
Simply forward all of your hotel, airline, car rental, and restaurant reservations to TripIt and the app will do the rest. TripIt organises all of your travel plans in one place so you can access them anytime and anywhere.
If you'd like to add a few notes or links, just click "Add Plans" and type away. You can also share your trip with family or colleagues. Your TripIt master itinerary has all the details you need, plus maps, directions and weather.
Some other cool features:
- TripIt instantly recognises reservations from 3,000+ booking sites including cruises, restaurants, concerts and more
- Tap a flight and you'll get departure and arrival times, gates, terminals, flight duration, even the type of aircraft
- Get daily weather forecasts, directions and maps for each destination
- Use map-based search to find restaurants, businesses and attractions, then add them to your trip itinerary in one click
- If you are a frequent traveller, you can upgrade to TripIt Pro which includes extra features such as SMS alerts for flight delays and cancellations and monitors your flights for potential airfare savings
For more info visit www.tripit.com.au or find it in your app store.
* * * * *
Please note that we have trialled the majority of these products and have found them to be relatively reliable and user friendly. We have not undertaken a detailed verification and we therefore suggest that you discuss the products with your computer advisers before using the technology.