How to Cancel Your MyGov Account
Following our recent newsletter about MyGov some people have asked about their options to ensure the ATO sends correspondence to us rather than via MyGov. There are two things you can do:
1. Unlink your MyGov account from the ATO.
This is a good option if you are using MyGov for services other than then ATO. To unlink you need to:
- log in
- click 'services'
- click 'unlink' button on ATO line (the red one at the end)
2. Delete your MyGov account
If you are only using MyGov to connect with the ATO you can use this option.
- go to: https://my.gov.au/LoginServices/main/login?execution=e2s1
- log in
- click 'settings' (last box to the right)
- click the 'Delete your account button' – bottom left hand corner
- tick 'I wish to delete my account and remove access to member services' checkbox
- click 'Next' and follow instructions to finalise
* * * *
This Newsletter, of necessity, has dealt with matters of a technical nature in general terms only. Clients should contact us for detailed information on any of the items in the Newsletter. No responsibility for loss occasioned to any person acting or refraining from acting in reliance upon any material in this Newsletter can be accepted by any member or employee of the firm.