As the new financial year is now upon us, we are planning our time for the coming year so that we can attend to your work promptly and efficiently. We would like to obtain your records at a time that suits both you and our time scheduling.
Some of you have already been in touch with us and we will be attending to your work in the order that it is registered as "ready", while remaining flexible enough to satisfy the specific need of clients who have periodic reporting, particular lodgement dates imposed by the Taxation Office, finance applications or other circumstances.
We will be sending out checklists progressively throughout the year, detailing the information required and you can expect to receive yours around the same time you received it last year. However, if you would like your checklist sent to you now so that you can begin collating your information, please contact us or if you would like to make an appointment to bring your information in, please give us a call.
Those who are able to supply information by the end of July can usually be processed promptly.
Below are some tips and tricks that you might find useful when compiling your tax information.
If you would like more information or assistance with sourcing and/or collating your information please feel free to contact our office – we are more than happy to assist.
• If you are providing electronic information, click here for some handy tips
on optimising your scanning output
• We can accept email attachments up to 10MB in size
• Large files (up to 100MB) can be uploaded securely to your secure area on our website if you subscribe to this service.
• For any hard copies you supply there is no need to staple pages together – we scan all documents and our scanner requires unstapled pages
can be downloaded from your internet banking – we are happy to accept electronically generated statements and/or CSV/Excel files
– certain information about your listed shareholdings like dividend statements can be sourced from the share registry:
• The relevant share registry details can be sourced from a prior year dividend statement
• Each investor has a unique Security Reference Number (SRN)/Holder Identification Number (HIN)
• This number in combination with a few other personal details will allow you to log in and view details about your shareholding
• The two most common share registries are Computershare
and Link Market Services
– you can register online and download your Medicare benefit tax statement online. For more information please visit Medicare
Private health insurance statements
– some funds allow you to download and/or request your annual tax statements and claim information online
Processing your work is more efficient when details of the following are provided in your general ledger:
• Legal fees
• Purchase/sale of assets
• Repairs & maintenance
• Sundry expenses
• Suspense items
We look forward to providing our assistance and advice in the future.
This Newsletter, of necessity, has dealt with matters of a technical nature in general terms only. Clients should contact us for detailed information on any of the items in the Newsletter. No responsibility for loss occasioned to any person acting or refraining from acting in reliance upon any material in this Newsletter can be accepted by any member or employee of the firm.