Staff Termination Procedures
When a staff member is leaving, it is important to ensure that you consider all aspects of termination. Some key things to take into account include:
• All tasks are passed on to another employee
• Emails are redirected and the staff member is removed from email lists and groups
• That access to software programs is either removed or disabled. This is particularly pertinent where the staff member has had external access to sensitive data. Consider some of the following:
- practice management software
- (internet) banking
- bookkeeping/accounting (eg Xero etc)
- any online portals
A copy of our staff termination procedure is here. Although this is for internal use, it could be adapted as required for your own business.
* * * *
This Newsletter, of necessity, has dealt with matters of a technical nature in general terms only. Clients should contact us for detailed information on any of the items in the Newsletter. No responsibility for loss occasioned to any person acting or refraining from acting in reliance upon any material in this Newsletter can be accepted by any member or employee of the firm.